Although it is true that sustained exercise helps you achieve a great body, it also improves your overall health and keeps your mind sharp.
Here are five reasons that you need to work out today:
- Extend your life. Medical research has shown that for every hour of walking, you may increase your life expectancy by two hours!
- Ensure your heart remains healthy. By exercising for as little as 30 minutes a day, you can reduce your risk of heart disease by 30% - 40% and your risk of having a stroke by 25%.
- Become happier. When you exercise, you produce endorphins in your brain. Scientists have found that regular participation in aerobic exercise has been shown to elevate and stabilize your mood, decrease overall levels of tension, improve sleep and increase self-esteem. Even five minutes of aerobic exercise can stimulate anti-anxiety effects.
- Improve your brain function. Just one cardio workout pumps extra blood to your brain which delivers oxygen and other nutrients the brain needs to perform at peak efficiency. Cardio exercise also provides the brain with endorphins and brain-derived protein (BDNF) that enhance functions such as memory, problem-solving skills and decision-making abilities.
- Bring your sexy back. We all know that exercise burns fat, but, if you want to get lean and fit, you'll need to intensify your workouts to firm, thin and strengthen. Yes, exercise can help you lose your love handles, but it’s also the loss of excess fat deep inside the body that boosts your overall looks and your health. There are two types of fat - subcutaneous (what you can pinch) and visceral. Visceral fat pads the abdominal organs like insulation and is far more difficult to lose. It can also kill you. Excess visceral fat fuels low-grade inflammation in the body and is tied to type 2 diabetes, heart disease, colon cancer, breast cancer and dementia. It can also upset the balance of important hormones that affect your skin, hair and general appearance.
So, what are you waiting for?
Fitness for Health creates unique exercise programs based on a person's individual fitness goals. Want to lose weight? Interested in toning your body? Aspiring to improve your athletic skills? No problem! Whether you are a young child or a child at heart, Fitness for Health can you help you achieve your fitness goals. Visit www.FitnessForHealth.org to learn about our exercise and sports programs.